[P4-dev] queue manipulation

Andy Fingerhut andy.fingerhut at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 10:24:47 EDT 2017

In P4 source code, you typically do not manipulate queues.  You select
which queue a packet should be enqueued upon in P4 source code, e.g. by
assigning a value to a metadata field that selects an output port for the
packet, or multiple output ports via a multicast group.  In the most common
case those queues will be FIFO.  I guess if that is what you meant by
manipulating queues, then that is how it is typically done.

Can you say a little more about what kinds of queue manipulation you are
interested in here?

For example, are asking about what kind of control plane APIs exist for
configuring scheduling policies between multiple queues leading to the same
output port?

Something else?

And