[P4-dev] p4c Compiler Bug: No parameter named ig

Mihai Budiu mbudiu at vmware.com
Thu Aug 17 16:29:29 EDT 2017

I have just pushed a PR which should fix this bug; the compiler should not crash, but give a better error message.
The way you are invoking p4c it attempts to compile for BMv2 as a target; however, programs compiled for BMv2 must use the v1model.p4 architecture. The vss-example.p4 program is written for a different architecture (very_simple_model), not for v1model. There is no compiler back-end that supports the very_simple_model.p4, it is just a pedagogical example used in the P4-16 spec.

Mihai