[P4-dev] p4c Compiler Bug: No parameter named ig

hemant at mnkcg.com hemant at mnkcg.com
Thu Aug 17 19:00:27 EDT 2017

Thanks!

From: Mihai Budiu [mailto:mbudiu at vmware.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 4:29 PM
To: hemant at mnkcg.com; 'p4-dev' <p4-dev at lists.p4.org>
Subject: RE: [P4-dev] p4c Compiler Bug: No parameter named ig

I have just pushed a PR which should fix this bug; the compiler should not
crash, but give a better error message.

The way you are invoking p4c it attempts to compile for BMv2 as a target;
however, programs compiled for BMv2 must use the v1model.p4 architecture.
The vss-example.p4 program is written for a different architecture
(very_simple_model), not for v1model. There is no compiler back-end that
supports the very_simple_model.p4, it is just a pedagogical example used in
the P4-16 spec.

Mihai