[P4-dev] new p4c compiler

Mihai Budiu mbudiu at vmware.com
Fri Aug 18 15:41:20 EDT 2017

You can probably just run

cmake ..

Mihai

From: hemant at mnkcg.com<mailto:hemant at mnkcg.com>
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 12:15
To: 'p4-dev'<mailto:p4-dev at lists.p4.org>
Subject: [P4-dev] new p4c compiler

I downloaded the p4c compiler today and was shocked to see that its past “configure”, the “build” directory etc. are all gone.  Now the compiler wants the user to create the “build” directory and then invoke the following cmake command.

cmake .. [-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RELEASE|DEBUG] [-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<path>] [-DENABLE_DOCS=ON (default off)] [-DENABLE_P4RUNTIME_TO_PD=OFF (default on)]

What is CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX so that one can figure out what path to provide?  Is the path where cmake is installed?  Further, the cmake on my Ubuntu 16.04 fails with “bash: syntax error near unexpected token ‘(‘.

At least, an example of cmake with a “<path>”  should be included in the README so that folks can get an idea.

This version of the compiler is really not usable.   Please help.