[P4-dev] new p4c compiler

Cole Schlesinger cschlesinger at barefootnetworks.com
Fri Aug 18 15:48:50 EDT 2017

Hi Hemant,

Expanding on Mihai’s comment, all the cmake flags listed in the README are optional.  For more information about the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX specifically, see:
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v2.8.8/cmake.html#variable%3aCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX <https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v2.8.8/cmake.html#variable:CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX>

But `cmake ..` should work fine.

I also wasn’t able to reproduce the cmake error you mentioned.  I used a fresh installation of Ubuntu 16.04 with the current head of p4c/master (commit 9efc595857b18fdf68ba93fb3dc772f5c5dfe6c3).

By default, `sudo apt-get install cmake` on Ubuntu 16.04 installs cmake version 3.5.1.  What version are you using?

Cheers,
Cole