[P4-dev] compile failure for mri.p4

Andy Fingerhut andy.fingerhut at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 20:00:24 EDT 2017

I have seen that error message for P4 programs where you attempt to apply
the same table more than once in your program.

In the original mri.p4 program there is only one line that applies the
ipv4_lpm table, here:
https://github.com/p4lang/tutorials/blob/master/P4D2_2017/exercises/mri/mri.p4#L225

In the solution mri.p4 program there is also only one line that applies the
ipv4_lpm table, here:
https://github.com/p4lang/tutorials/blob/master/P4D2_2017/exercises/mri/solution/mri.p4#L203

If your program has more than one apply for the ipv4_lpm table, you will
get that error.

Andy