[P4-dev] Encryption/Decryption and Traffic management implementation

hemant at mnkcg.com hemant at mnkcg.com
Tue Aug 22 18:20:25 EDT 2017

Do you see any encryption/decryption constructs/primitives in the P4-16 language?  None exist.  Thus, one would use a P4-16 extern and implement crypto in specific hardware.   Also see,

http://p4.org/p4-faq/ and search on the page for encrypt and you will find your answer.

What do you mean by Traffic management block?  Would this block manage your crypto setup such as what traffic to encrypt/decrypt?  Traffic management is a control-plane function whereas P4 is defining functionality of the data-plane.

Hemant