[P4-dev] Heavy_hitter example

Antonin Bas antonin at barefootnetworks.com
Wed Aug 30 20:32:17 EDT 2017

Hi,

I do not believe that the heavy_hitter code guarantees L3 connectivity
between the hosts. This is not the point of the exercise.
In particular after quickly glancing over topo.py I do not see any static
ARP entries being added to the hosts, which would explain why they cannot
ping each other. If you want to get L3 connectivity to be able to ping, you
will need to install static ARP entries and possibly set up the default
gateway. There is an example here (
https://github.com/p4lang/behavioral-model/blob/master/mininet/1sw_demo.py#L87)
but you will have to figure out the exact addresses for the heavy_hitter
example.