[P4-dev] Bmv2 with physical interfaces

yunchen chang y2924uki at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 00:49:25 EDT 2017

Hello Antonin:

Thanks for the reply.

After I do "make clean", the log will not work.
But the web browser still failed after a while.

My topology is :

mininet> ports
s11  lo:0   s11-eth1:1  eth0:2
(s11-eth1 is virtual interface on h1)
(eth0 is physical interface)

Forwarding rules :  forward the packet "destination MAC address: 1" to port
1, others to port 2.

The steps trigger it is :
1. dhclient the virtual interface on h1.
2. add "nameserver 8.8.8.8" to /etc/resolv.conf on h1.
3. open web browser on h1

(I have check that "ping 8.8.8.8" is work on h1.)

I want to know:

In addition to transmit the packet between physical interface and virtual
interface, are there something else should I do?
(ex: change some fields on the packet?)

Thank you.

Best regards,
Abbie