[P4-dev] bmv2 with physical interfaces.

Andreas Pantelopoulos padelopoulos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 14:57:03 EDT 2017

Hello to all,

I have seen in a previous email of the mailing list that bmv2 supports
physical interfaces. I tried it and this is indeed true.

However, when I forward a packet through a physical interface, that is a
switch port, the source MAC address in the Ethernet header is changed to
that of the interface. I think this is normal Linux behavior.

Has anyone found a workaround this? If the host is to behave like a switch,
then this address need to be the same as in the original packet.

Thanks,
Andreas Pantelopoulos