[P4-dev] P4 support for PCAP

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 15:39:19 EDT 2017

Hi All,

I have a couple of rudimentary questions about P4; I have seen P4 at ELTE
and PISCES for building DPDK apps from P4 and BMV2 for building on a
Linux x86 target.

Is there support to write packets to a PCAP file when building with
BMv2 (I want to save packets with errors for example for manual
inspection).

Equally further down the road we might need to build with DPDK to
support higher throughput, so again, does anyone know if we can save
packets to a PCAP file when using something like P4 at ELETE or PISCES?

Many thanks,
James.