[P4-dev] p4c Compiler Bug: No parameter named ig

Han Wang hanwang at barefootnetworks.com
Thu Jul 13 16:05:02 EDT 2017

Hi Hemant,

p4c is the compiler driver that invokes target-specific compiler binary. You can
print the commands executed by p4c with -### flag.

In your case, p4c invoked p4c-bm2-ss to compile vss-example.p4. The error happens
because p4c-bm2-ss is a compiler for programs targeting v1model.p4, but,
vss-example.p4 is a program targeting very_simple_model.p4.

The very-simple-model architecture is not a supported backend for bmv2 yet.

Han