[P4-dev] P4 support for PCAP

Antonin Bas antonin at barefootnetworks.com
Fri Jul 14 18:17:24 EDT 2017

Hi James,

At this point, I am not sure how you would be able to achieve this. Packet
errors like the ones you mention should result in a bmv2 error log message
(although some errors may not be supported at this stage). We can imagine
in the future supporting a command-line option that will log those
incorrect packets to a special pcap file, but so far you are the only one
that has expressed interest in such a feature. Fee free to open an issue in
the bmv2 repo requesting this feature and tag it as "improvement".