[P4-dev] parsing packets p4

Mostafa Abdallah. Ammar mostafaammar at aast.edu
Sun Jul 16 07:59:58 EDT 2017

Dear All,

I was working on a project to detect advanced persistent threats by analyzing network traffic. We used module on SDN controller and forward traffic from switch to controller to analyze it for possible threats inside the traffic.

I checked P4 language it parses the packet headers and can change or redirect traffic according to the parsed headers.

Is there a possible way using P4 language to search for possible traffic patterns within packets.

Best Regards,

Eng. Mostafa Abdallah Ammar,Msc.
Information Security and Auditing Supervisor
CCIE security #23971
Arab Academy For Science And Technology & maritime Transport
Computer Networks & Data Center (CNDC)
Mobile: 002 01001983674