[P4-dev] Setup ideal for experiments meant for SIGCOMM papers

Rakesh Datta rakesh.datta6 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 12:37:31 EDT 2017

Hello Andy,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Basically, I have a centralized P4 Controller which is controlling remote
P4 switches.
- I want to test the performance of the flow-rules push into the
data-plane, from the Controller to the switch.
- I also want to test the packet processing time of the P4-switch, which
includes new tables and logic I have defined.

So far, I have been using bvm2 and I have some good results. Qs - is this
good enough experiment for a P4 paper?
If yes, is it ok test it over VMs located on my laptop.
If no, does the P4 fraternity always test their code on the hardware you
mentioned, for the sake of the paper?

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Rakesh Datta

http://www.linkedin.com/in/rakeshdatta