[P4-dev] Mapping between egress port and egress pipeline

Eric Ruan ruanweizhang at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 02:13:32 EDT 2017

Hi Andy,

I have one more question. As I know, queueing is between ingress pipeline
and egress pipeline, and each queue is dedicated to a specific output port,
though each output port may have more than one queue.
So is it true that each packet is processed by ingress pipeline and then
routed/replicated to different queues. Each queue has its own egress
pipeline. After packets are processed by egress pipeline they go
out from the specific output port or recirculate. The number of egress
pipeline is the same as that of queues. Do I understand correctly?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Eric

Email: ruanweizhang at gmail.com