[P4-dev] p4c compiler output in .p4i

Han Wang hw342 at cornell.edu
Thu Jun 8 16:49:51 EDT 2017

Hi Hemant,

p4c is a compiler driver that invokes the other components of the p4 tool chain to process a p4 program. Specifically, for bmv2, the compiler driver invokes preprocessor and p4c-bm2-ss to generate the output json configuration for bmv2.

You can use the -### flag or --test-only flag to find out which commands are invoked by p4c compiler driver.

In this case, the .p4i file is the output of the preprocessor step.

Han