[P4-dev] add and remove header of P4-14 in bmv2

Salvatore Signorello salvatore.signorello at uni.lu
Wed Jun 28 06:43:49 EDT 2017

Hi all,

before adding any code snippets to this thread, I would like to be sure
that the two primitive actions add_header and remove_header are
supported by the current bmv2. Are they?

According to the nanolog, my header is added and deserialized correctly
at the output. However, when sniffing the output interface the packet is
identical to the input.

Could please anyone confirm that the primitives work fine? If so, could
you please point me to some code containing the right sequence of calls
to use them?

Back in time, I remember they were working fine with the source_routing
example proposed by Antonin in one of the old tutorials on P4. Any
changes since then?

Best regards,

Salvatore

--
Salvatore Signorello
PhD student of the SEDAN research group at SnT

Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust
University of Luxembourg
http://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/people/salvatore_signorello