[P4-dev] Extern objects: examples

Jeferson Santiago da Silva eng.jefersonsantiago at gmail.com
Sun May 7 20:37:58 EDT 2017

Dear all,

I've seen recently some questions regarding external methods with P4. So I
decided to share something.

I worked last year with extern methods in the version 1.1, the same one
that has been deprecated. I modified the json generator and with Antonin's
support it was pushed to the p4c-bm repo.

In meantime, the P4-16 language and compiler was developed. Lots of extern
methods are available, but all of them are seen as primitives in the BMv2.
So, I modified the p4c json generator to test "actual" extern instances
with the new P4-16 version.

I invite all you that are interested in extern methods to visit my github
page. There I have implemented externs for both P4-14 (1.1) and P4-16.

https://github.com/engjefersonsantiago/p4-programs

Regards,
Jeferson

--