[P4-dev] Extern objects: examples

Antonin Bas antonin at barefootnetworks.com
Mon May 8 18:36:14 EDT 2017

Hi Jeferson,

Thanks for sending this to the list. I believe the p4c bmv2 backend ("json
generator") is undergoing some serious code refactoring at the moment.
However, support for arbitrary externs is definitely a priority. Since you
have already written some code for this, it may be a good idea to open a
pull request in p4lang/p4c. What do you think?