[P4-dev] switch.p4 design document needed.

Antonin Bas antonin at barefootnetworks.com
Thu May 11 13:25:23 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am not aware of such a document. In general I think it is helpful to
generate the table graph for large P4 programs. Unfortunately graph
generation is not available yet with the new p4lang/p4c compiler, so I used
p4-hlir to generate the table graph for switch.p4, which I have attached to
this email. Of course, this graph is only helpful to get an overview of the
control flow, it doesn't provide information about individual tables.
I am not aware of any ongoing work to write and open-source a design
document. If you're willing to contribute something, I believe it would be
appreciated.