[P4-dev] P4 add header

Jeferson Santiago da Silva eng.jefersonsantiago at gmail.com
Sat May 13 20:31:17 EDT 2017

Hey Shahar,

you are right regarding to the primitives.cpp files. However, adding a
primitive in P4 would require a modification in the P4 backend compiler (I
am assuming your new primitive is declared in P4 as an extern function).
A easy way to add hardware specific primitives is using extern types. The
support to extern types was pushed to the p4c compiler this week and it is
a good time to test it out.
I have some extern types examples in my github page. You can check it out.
https://github.com/engjefersonsantiago/p4-programs/tree/master/examples/rohc_compression/p4src

Jeferson