[P4-dev] runtime_CLI.py in C/C++

Antonin Bas antonin at barefootnetworks.com
Mon May 22 13:26:59 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am not aware of a C++ equivalent of the runtime_CLI. The bmv2 Thrift API
is not meant to be portable and is not available on other P4 targets, so
you should probably keep that in mind.
There is an example of a small C++ client implementing a control-plane for
L2 switching here:
https://github.com/p4lang/behavioral-model/blob/master/targets/l2_switch/learn_client/learn_client.cpp.
It is only meant to be used with l2_switch.p4 but can be adapted for other
P4 programs.