[P4-dev] ingress_port with simple_router

Aldo Febro af12abw at gmail.com
Fri May 26 21:56:06 EDT 2017

Hi All,

I think I'm missing something simple here that I kept getting "table miss"
when I try to match with 2 conditions i.e. ingress_port and VLAN ID.

I'm using simple_router and I'm trying drop packets that are coming from
ingress_port 5 with VLAN ID 10.

To populate the table, I used the following command:
"table_add port_vlan_check _drop 5 10 =>"

P4 code:
table port_vlan_check {
 reads {
standard_metadata.ingress_port : exact;
vlan_tag.vid : exact;
}
actions {
_drop;
_nop;
 }
 size 16384;
}

Is there special syntax required for ingress_port  when used in command
line?

How do I debug the value used during the "reads" in match-action table?

Thank you,
Aldo