[P4-dev] resubmit in bmv2

Antonin Bas antonin at barefootnetworks.com
Thu Nov 2 14:38:14 EDT 2017

If you keep resubmitting the packet over and over again you are going to
get an infinite loop. That's the definition of resubmit.
You need to check the value of standard_metadata.instance_type in the
ingress pipeline. If the packet has already been resubmitted (i.e. of the
value of this metadata field is 6, as per
https://github.com/p4lang/behavioral-model/blob/master/targets/simple_switch/simple_switch.h#L124)
you probably want to avoid calling resubmit again on this packet.