[P4-dev] Examples of resubmit and recirculate in P4-16

Andy Fingerhut andy.fingerhut at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 16:25:37 EDT 2017

I have not tried these operations in bmv2 target myself, but if you have a
working P4_14 program that can do it, then it is a goal of the open source
p4c compiler (in repo [1]) to be able to translate P4_14 programs to P4_16
programs that work the same way, using a command like this:

    p4test --p4v 14 --pp foo-translated-to-p4-16.p4 foo-in-p4-14.p4

The PSA (Portable Switch Architecture [2]) working group is working on
defining how these operations will work in PSA programs, but the PSA spec
is not final, and I don't believe any work has begun yet on implementing
the PSA ways of doing things in bmv2.

Andy

[1] https://github.com/p4lang/p4c
[2] https://p4lang.github.io/p4-spec