[P4-dev] Right version of protobuf to use?

Alan Lo alanlo at mellanox.com
Wed Nov 29 02:20:14 EST 2017

Hi,

I  am building a p4runtime for a new target, so was looking at the grpc_demo app in the PI repository. It looks like the latest PI requires protobuf 3.4 (otherwise there is a known compile error in grpc). However, p4c-16 itself, in the README.md, says to stick with 3.0.x.

Does anyone know if p4c has any known problems with protobuf 3.4.x, as it is a pain to have two different versions of protoc in our dev environment.

Thanks,
Alan