[P4-dev] Right version of protobuf to use?

Antonin Bas antonin at barefootnetworks.com
Wed Nov 29 12:23:17 EST 2017

Hi Alan,

I personally use the following versions:
- protobuf 3.2.0
- grpc 1.3.2
These versions work for both p4lang/p4c and p4lang/PI. They also correspond
to the refpoints we use in the p4lang/third-party repo:
https://github.com/p4lang/third-party, which means they are the versions we
use for CI regressions.
More recent versions are likely to work fine as well (as long as the grpc
and protobuf versions are compatible), but I haven't done any testing.