[P4-dev] P4 Working Groups Updates
jnfoster at cs.cornell.edu
Tue Oct 10 10:59:19 EDT 2017
Dear P4 Enthusiasts,
Here's a quick update on recent activities within the P4 Working Groups.
* API Working Group
- Co-chairs: Antonin Bas (Barefoot) and Lorenzo Vicisano (Google)
- Mailing list: http://lists.p4.org/mailman/listinfo/p4-api_lists.p4.org
- GitHub: https://github.com/p4lang/PI
- Status: Developed an initial design and implementation of P4 Runtime, a
protocol-independent control API.
* Architecture Working Group
- Co-Chairs: Calin Cascaval (Barefoot) and Andy Fingerhut (Cisco)
- Mailing list: http://lists.p4.org/mailman/listinfo/p4-arch_lists.p4.org
- GitHub: https://github.com/p4lang/p4-spec/tree/master/p4-16/psa
- Status: Developed a draft specification of the Portable Switch
* Language Design Working Group
- Co-Chairs: Gordon Brebner (Xilinx) and Nate Foster (Cornell)
- Mailing list: http://lists.p4.org/mailman/listinfo/p4-design_lists.p4.org
- GitHub: https://github.com/p4lang/p4-spec
- Status: Continued to maintain the P4_16 specification and started to
explore the design of new features that may be incorporated into future
We are also in the process of setting up a new working group focused on
novel data plane applications enabled by P4, such as network telemetry.
We'll have an announcement with further details on this group in the coming
We'd like to encourage all P4.org members to get involved with these
working groups and help shape the future of P4. For details, please write
to the co-chairs, subscribe to the mailing lists, or consult our public meeting
And if you are not a member of P4.org, you can find information about how
to join at http://p4.org/join-us.
Technical Steering Committee Chair, P4.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the P4-dev