[P4-dev] P4 Working Groups Updates

Nate Foster jnfoster at cs.cornell.edu
Tue Oct 10 10:59:19 EDT 2017

Dear P4 Enthusiasts,

Here's a quick update on recent activities within the P4 Working Groups.

* API Working Group
- Co-chairs: Antonin Bas (Barefoot) and Lorenzo Vicisano (Google)
- GitHub: https://github.com/p4lang/PI
protocol-independent control API.

* Architecture Working Group
- Co-Chairs: Calin Cascaval (Barefoot) and Andy Fingerhut (Cisco)
- GitHub: https://github.com/p4lang/p4-spec/tree/master/p4-16/psa
Architecture (PSA).

* Language Design Working Group
- Co-Chairs: Gordon Brebner (Xilinx) and Nate Foster (Cornell)
- GitHub: https://github.com/p4lang/p4-spec
explore the design of new features that may be incorporated into future
language versions.

We are also in the process of setting up a new working group focused on
novel data plane applications enabled by P4, such as network telemetry.
We'll have an announcement with further details on this group in the coming
weeks.

We'd like to encourage all P4.org members to get involved with these
working groups and help shape the future of P4. For details, please write
to the co-chairs, subscribe to the mailing lists, or consult our public meeting
calendar
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=j4to42rsjqtfks0qb7iah8gous%40group.calendar.google.com>
.

And if you are not a member of P4.org, you can find information about how
to join at http://p4.org/join-us.

Warm Regards,
Nate Foster
Technical Steering Committee Chair, P4.org