[P4-dev] How to compile a specific backend

Calin Cascaval cascaval at barefootnetworks.com
Wed Oct 11 13:24:14 EDT 2017

You can selectively enable only the backends that you need when you configure using cmake, using the following options -- set to OFF the ones you don't need:

OPTION (ENABLE_DOCS "Build the documentation" OFF)
OPTION (ENABLE_P4RUNTIME_TO_PD "Build the P4Runtime PD Generator" ON)
OPTION (ENABLE_BMV2 "Build the BMV2 backend (required for the full test suite)" ON)
OPTION (ENABLE_EBPF "Build the EBPF backend (required for the full test suite)" ON)
OPTION (ENABLE_P4TEST "Build the P4Test backend (required for the full test suite)" ON)
OPTION (ENABLE_P4C_GRAPHS "Build the p4c-graphs backend" ON)

--
Thanks, Calin