[P4-dev] iperf on heavy hitter example

Andy Fingerhut andy.fingerhut at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 14:42:53 EDT 2017

Others can say more authoritatively, but my impression is that bmv2
simple_switch is more focused on P4 program development, testing, and
debugging, than on performance.

That said, there are command line options like --log-console and --log-file
that should be avoided if you are trying to get maximum performance, and I
believe there may also be different command line options when compiling
simple_switch to tune for performance vs. debuggability of the resulting
simple_switch binary.

Andy