[P4-dev] Extending P4Runtime demo to support multiple P4 programs

Miguel Neves mcneves at inf.ufrgs.br
Mon Oct 16 13:33:17 EDT 2017

Hi

I'm trying to extendthe P4Runtime demo (
https://github.com/p4lang/PI/tree/master/proto/demo_grpc ) to
supportother P4 programs in addition to the ones provided. I'm aware
that I need to modify the SimpleRouterMgr class (
https://github.com/p4lang/PI/blob/master/proto/demo_grpc/simple_router_mgr.h)
to insert a separate configuration for each program.

The problem raises when I try to assign a new device configuration. I'm
getting a “Json version requirement not satisfied”message independently
of the program I try to install. After that, I cannot install any table
entry.

I've generated the necessary P4 info using the following command:

|p4c-bm2-ss <p4_program> --p4-16 -o <output_file>
--p4runtime-file|<p4info_file>|--p4runtime-format||json|

|I compared the generated jsons against the simple_router ||example (
https://github.com/p4lang/PI/blob/master/proto/demo_grpc/simple_router.json
)||, and in fact the compiler doesn't add a version tag to the file.|

|Any idea?|Should the compiler add that tag?

|Thanks,|
|Miguel|