[P4-dev] extern module

Mihai Budiu mbudiu at vmware.com
Fri Oct 20 11:35:19 EDT 2017

This depends on the particular target and compiler you are using.
For example, if your target is an ASIC then you probably cannot extend the functionality; each extern describes an existing hardware unit.
I believe that the software switch simulator BMv2 and its associated compiler p4c-bm2-ss allows this capability.

Mihai