[P4-dev] generate_digest vs copy_to_cpu

hemant at mnkcg.com hemant at mnkcg.com
Wed Aug 29 10:34:34 EDT 2018

Hi Richard,

Please see documentation on digest in the PSA specification:
https://p4.org/p4-spec/docs/PSA-v1.0.0.html

Just section 7.14.  The digest is used to send abbreviated data to the
control-plane.

In the P4-16 specification
(https://p4.org/p4-spec/docs/P4-16-v1.1.0-draft.html) , there is also an
example to send a packet to a specific port.  Search for "to_cpu" in the doc
and see the example.

Hemant