[P4-dev] generate_digest vs copy_to_cpu

ec richard.mayers92 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 18:33:54 EDT 2018

Thanks for the reply Hemant,

I know that digest is to send something small, and that sending to cpu sends the entire packet (still you can make it small by truncating).

I was asking more about, if there is any big difference, if one is a better practice than the other in the general case.

Furthermore, where can I find documentation for the thrift API ?

Kind regards,
Richard