[P4-dev] latest p4c and behavioral-model test failures

hemant at mnkcg.com hemant at mnkcg.com
Sun Dec 9 20:25:46 EST 2018

Please see in line below.

From: Andy Fingerhut <andy.fingerhut at gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2018 3:00 PM
To: hemant at mnkcg.com
Cc: p4-dev <p4-dev at lists.p4.org>
Subject: Re: [P4-dev] latest p4c and behavioral-model test failures

I am not sure, but I believe that when running 'make check' in p4c/build there are scripts that look for a behavioral-model directory to use for running simple_switch.  I have always installed p4c and behavioral-model directories so they were 'siblings' of each other in the directory tree, and that seems to work.  If you installed behavioral-model on your system in a much different place, perhaps it might not be able to find it?  I am not sure.

I cloned a private p4c in /tmp when my other p4c and behavioral-model are in my root dir as peers.  The /tmp/p4c fails bmv2 tests.  So I moved the private p4c to my root dir as a peer and then bmv2 tests passed.  Thus, you are correct about p4c and behavioral-model being peer/sibling directories.  If this fact is missing in README.md files, we should add it.