[P4-dev] latest p4c and behavioral-model test failures

Antonin Bas antonin at barefootnetworks.com
Mon Dec 10 21:55:45 EST 2018

Actually it doesn't seem that the bmv2stf.py script uses the CMake result.
However, when the FindExe search fails, the method return the name of the
executable (simple_switch), which works if the executable is installed is a
system directory.
The bmv2stf.py should probably use the CMake result. Right now even though
FindExe potentially searches a lot of locations (all the way to the root),
it's not really useful since the bmv2 tests will be disabled if CMake fails
to find simple_switch. CMake looks in those locations:
https://github.com/p4lang/p4c/blob/master/cmake/FindBMV2.cmake#L2