[P4-dev] Parallelism and Manual TDGs

David Hancock dhancock at cs.utah.edu
Thu Jan 11 18:21:29 EST 2018

Hello,

If I have an action with independent primitives, will bmv2 simple switch
run them in parallel if multiple cores are available?

Also I recall the table dependency graph (TDG) being touted in the
original P4 paper as able to support construction of the optimally
efficient pipeline.  I think, though, that TDG generation was turned off
by default in p4c-bmv2, possibly in response to my request, because at
least in my case (hundreds of tables) it could not be computed in a
reasonable amount of time.

Would it be possible to manually specify a TDG?  If so, how could I then
use that to deploy a more efficient image of my program to bmv2 simple
switch?

Thanks,

David