[P4-dev] Parsing Variable-Length Fields in HTTP Followup

Jeff Van jeff.van at netsia.com
Mon Jan 29 17:30:19 EST 2018

Hello,

I wanted to follow up with this particular email thread <
http://lists.p4.org/pipermail/p4-dev_lists.p4.org/2017-July/001175.html>
that talks about using P4 to parse HTTP requests, and how it is challenging
because P4 currently does not allow for an easy way to process HTTP
headers. Since that inquiry was made in July of 2017, I wanted to know if a
way of easily processing HTTP headers had been implemented by P4, or if
anybody had been able to find a way of getting around this challenge?

I am currently trying to find a way to manipulate HTTP packets based on
their Host DNS name (eg. to create a firewall by dropping packets with that
host name, etc.)

Thank you!

Sincerely,
*Jeff Van*