[P4-dev] GRPC error on p4runtime tutorial - StatusCode.UNIMPLEMENTED?

cs.lev cs.lev at gmx.com
Mon Jul 2 05:42:33 EDT 2018

Dear Vivek,

I have run into this problem a couple of times, and the solution or
things that were missing was a proper stop/clean of mininet (and its
child processes).

In the beginning, it was working for me, but for some reason later on,
when mininet was restarted older processes were stuck and were
"consuming/reserving" the gRPC ports, which, as you might have seen,
hardcoded (e.g., 50051) into the mycontroller.py.

If you do a make stop and make clean, or even restart the VM in the
worst case, then it should work.

$ netstat -punate |grep 500
may also be for your help.

for debugging, after mininet is fired up, but before you start the
controller, use also netstat to find out whether there is someone
listening to those ports (e.g., 50051).

Cheers,
Levi