[P4-dev] Extracting queueing metadata from bmv2

Vikas Kumar mailvikasnow at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 16:24:59 EDT 2018

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to collect switch statistics for INT from each switch. I am
successfully able to collect some metrics like ingress port,egress port,
hop latency. But for some queuing metadata like enq_qdepth and deq_qdepth I
am getting 0 value always. However these metadta are declared in v1model.p4
(https://github.com/p4lang/p4c/blob/master/p4include/v1model.p4 ). Is it
that bmv2 still does not expose these intrinsic queueing metadata mentioned
here (
https://github.com/p4lang/behavioral-model/blob/master/docs/simple_switch.md
)?

action int_set_header_3() {
hdr.int_q_occupancy.setValid();
     hdr.int_q_occupancy.q_id = 0; //assuming there is only 1 queue

hdr.int_q_occupancy.q_occupancy =
(bit<24>) standard_metadata.deq_qdepth;
}
I observed that while sending burst traffic from source to destination the
hop latency changes from switch to switch but the enq_qdepth always remains
0.
--

<http://moodi.org/>
*Vikas Kumar | ** Hospitality & PR Coordinator*

‌
<https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack
<https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality&>