[P4-dev] applying the same table multiple times

Andy Fingerhut andy.fingerhut at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 14:44:30 EST 2018

If you don't mind just making two tables with similar names and are
otherwise the same in all ways, e.g. including the control plane making the
same updates to both, that is a workaround for this limitation.

In some high speed ASIC implementations, that is the only way to do it, and
it seems that bmv2 and the p4c bmv2 backend inherited that limitation.  See
https://github.com/p4lang/p4c/issues/457 for some discussion.  The compiler
_could_ of course be modified to duplicate the table for you, but it
doesn't right now -- you can do it manually as suggested above.

Andy