[P4-dev] Binding interfaces to bmv2

David Hancock dhancock at cs.utah.edu
Fri Sep 14 21:03:26 EDT 2018

Hello,

I'm trying to use bmv2 in a physical cluster (previously I've always
used mininet).  I'm trying to bind the interfaces of a node to bmv2 and
run a do-nothing P4 program on bmv2.  I expect that packets should not
flow through this node once I have done this. But packets still flow,
suggesting that bmv2 is not handling the packets.  I have confirmed with
traceroute that the packets are traversing the interfaces that should be
bound to bmv2.

I start simple_switch as follows:

    to .json>

The result:

    Thrift port was not specified, will use 9090
    Calling target program-options parser
    Adding interface <iface 1> as port 0
    Adding interface <iface 2> as port 1
    Adding interface <iface 3> as port 2