[P4-dev] Xenial & bionic P4lang packages - now available

hemant at mnkcg.com hemant at mnkcg.com
Tue Apr 9 10:32:54 EDT 2019

From: P4-dev <p4-dev-bounces at lists.p4.org> On Behalf Of Fréderic LOUI
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2019 2:30 AM
To: Antonin Bas <antonin at barefootnetworks.com>
Cc: p4-dev <p4-dev at lists.p4.org>
Subject: Re: [P4-dev] Xenial & bionic P4lang packages - now available

4) I was surprised by the size of the p4c package (100MB) but it may be because each p4c backend binary

    (p4c-bm2-ss, p4c-bm2-psa, p4c-ebpf, p4c-graphs, p4test) is self-contained and they do not used a shared library for their common parts.

    => Yes me too. Please note that make check is failing for the latest p4c. (ebpf tests only. <-- Check buildlogs)

See https://github.com/p4lang/p4c/blob/master/backends/ebpf/README.md  which says EBPF needs more software to install.  Once you install the extra software EBPF tests will pass ‘make check’.

This is the extra software to install.

$ sudo apt-get install clang llvm libpcap-dev libelf-dev iproute2 net-tools

$ sudo pip install pyroute2 ply scapy==2.4.0