[P4-dev] Xenial & bionic P4lang packages - now available

Fréderic LOUI frederic.loui at renater.fr
Tue Apr 9 10:49:22 EDT 2019

Hi hemant,

Thanks for you feedback.

if you look at the p4lang-3rd-party repository you will see packages for:
pyroute2 0.5.2 (similar to PIP), scapy 2.4.0, ply is the distrib package, libpcap-dev is installed by bmv2 package

And here is an extract of p4c debian/control file:
Source: p4c
Section: devel
Maintainer: Frederic LOUI <frederic.loui at renater.fr>
Build-Depends:
debhelper (>= 9),
bison,
cmake,
flex,
g++,
libboost-dev, libboost-graph-dev, libboost-iostreams1.65-dev,
libfl-dev,
libgc-dev,
libgmp-dev,
pkg-config,
python-ipaddr, python-setuptools,
tcpdump,
libelf-dev,
llvm,
clang,
iproute2,
net-tools,
python-tenjin, python-pyroute2, python-ply, python-scapy,
libprotobuf17, libprotobuf-dev, libprotobuf-java, libprotoc17, libprotoc-dev, protobuf-compiler, python-protobuf,
libgrpc++1, libgrpc7, libgrpc-dev, libgrpc++-dev, protobuf-compiler-grpc, python-grpcio,
libthrift0, libthrift-dev, python-thrift, thrift-compiler,
libbmv2-core, libbmv2-core-dev, bmv2-core,
libbmv2-pdfixed, libbmv2-pdfixed-dev,
libbmv2-pi, libbmv2-pi-dev, bmv2-pi,
python-bmv2-core, python-bmv2-pdfixed, python-bmv2-pi,
Standards-Version: 4.1.4
Homepage: https://github.com/p4lang/p4c

So if I'm not mistaken, all dependencies are satisfied ? Or do you think I shuold also package "ply" software ?

A bientôt,
Frederic