[P4-dev] An interactive shell for P4Runtime

Antonin Bas antonin at barefootnetworks.com
Wed Apr 17 13:34:16 EDT 2019


Hi Cristina,

Unfortunately there is no support for hash programming in P4Runtime, so
this is not something that can be added to the shell in the near future.

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 9:46 AM <cristina.dominicini at aluno.ufes.br> wrote:

>
>
> Hi Antonin,
>
>
> That is great news!
>
> For our group, it would be very important to have the CRC functions that
> are available in the simple_switch_CLI (e.g.,: set_crc16_parameters and
> set_crc32_parameters).
>
>
> Best regards,
>
> Cristina Dominicini
>
>
>
>
> Em 17.04.2019 13:00, p4-dev-request at lists.p4.org escreveu:
>
> Send P4-dev mailing list submissions to
>     p4-dev at lists.p4.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>     http://lists.p4.org/mailman/listinfo/p4-dev_lists.p4.org
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>     p4-dev-request at lists.p4.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>     p4-dev-owner at lists.p4.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of P4-dev digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. P4 Modularity progress? (hemant at mnkcg.com)
>    2. Re: P4 Modularity progress? (hemant at mnkcg.com)
>    3. An interactive shell for P4Runtime (Antonin Bas)
>    4. Re: An interactive shell for P4Runtime (hemant at mnkcg.com)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 18:12:22 -0400
> From: <hemant at mnkcg.com>
> To: <p4-dev at lists.p4.org>
> Subject: [P4-dev] P4 Modularity progress?
> Message-ID: <009001d4f4a1$77aff800$670fe800$@mnkcg.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> I see, when the P4 LDWG has meetings, notes and progress is updated at a
> wiki.  Where is similar information available for P4 Modularity meetings?
>
>
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
>
>
> Hemant
>
>
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://lists.p4.org/pipermail/p4-dev_lists.p4.org/attachments/20190416/811760a6/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 18:37:54 -0400
> From: <hemant at mnkcg.com>
> To: <hemant at mnkcg.com>,    <p4-dev at lists.p4.org>
> Subject: Re: [P4-dev] P4 Modularity progress?
> Message-ID: <00a201d4f4a5$08f08a70$1ad19f50$@mnkcg.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> I searched my email and found the site.
>
>
>
> https://github.com/jnfoster/p4-modularity/wiki
>
>
>
> Hemant
>
>
>
> From: P4-dev <p4-dev-bounces at lists.p4.org> On Behalf Of hemant at mnkcg.com
> Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 6:12 PM
> To: p4-dev at lists.p4.org
> Subject: [P4-dev] P4 Modularity progress?
>
>
>
> I see, when the P4 LDWG has meetings, notes and progress is updated at a
> wiki.  Where is similar information available for P4 Modularity meetings?
>
>
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
>
>
> Hemant
>
>
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://lists.p4.org/pipermail/p4-dev_lists.p4.org/attachments/20190416/8f2979a0/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 20:01:10 -0700
> From: Antonin Bas <antonin at barefootnetworks.com>
> To: p4-dev <p4-dev at lists.p4.org>
> Subject: [P4-dev] An interactive shell for P4Runtime
> Message-ID:
>     <CAFFMnX4U=3BBWQ+fQuJDXGkE_GT05Yd09Twtb4cibipAjBxgRg at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Hi all,
>
> Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been working on an interactive
> shell for P4Runtime based on IPython. I have pushed the first version here:
> https://github.com/p4lang/p4runtime-shell
> It is really meant to be a shell, and not a CLI. It may be less intuitive
> than the bmv2 runtime_CLI to use but it is meant to be more powerful and to
> enable a more programmatic approach.
>
> It is still very much a work in progress, but of course I appreciate any
> early feedback.
>
> It currently supports:
>  * establishing a stream channel with the P4Runtime server
>  * retrieving the P4Info from the server (or alternatively it can push a
> new forwarding pipeline config)
>  * inspecting the P4Info
>  * Table entry programming
>
> Let me know if some features (e.g. reading counters?) are important to you
> and maybe they can be prioritized.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Antonin
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://lists.p4.org/pipermail/p4-dev_lists.p4.org/attachments/20190416/399c0397/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 09:54:37 -0400
> From: <hemant at mnkcg.com>
> To: "'Antonin Bas'" <antonin at barefootnetworks.com>
> Cc: <p4-dev at lists.p4.org>
> Subject: Re: [P4-dev] An interactive shell for P4Runtime
> Message-ID: <022e01d4f525$18dfeb30$4a9fc190$@mnkcg.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Cool.
>
>
>
> Counters would be useful.  Digest messages from the server to client would
> be useful after that.
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
>
>
> Hemant
>
>
>
>
>
> From: P4-dev <p4-dev-bounces at lists.p4.org> On Behalf Of Antonin Bas via
> P4-dev
> Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 11:01 PM
> To: p4-dev <p4-dev at lists.p4.org>
> Subject: [P4-dev] An interactive shell for P4Runtime
>
>
>
> Hi all,
>
>
>
> Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been working on an
> interactive shell for P4Runtime based on IPython. I have pushed the first
> version here: https://github.com/p4lang/p4runtime-shell
>
> It is really meant to be a shell, and not a CLI. It may be less intuitive
> than the bmv2 runtime_CLI to use but it is meant to be more powerful and to
> enable a more programmatic approach.
>
>
>
> It is still very much a work in progress, but of course I appreciate any
> early feedback.
>
>
>
> It currently supports:
>
>  * establishing a stream channel with the P4Runtime server
>
>  * retrieving the P4Info from the server (or alternatively it can push a
> new forwarding pipeline config)
>
>  * inspecting the P4Info
>
>  * Table entry programming
>
>
>
> Let me know if some features (e.g. reading counters?) are important to you
> and maybe they can be prioritized.
>
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
>
>
> --
>
> Antonin
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://lists.p4.org/pipermail/p4-dev_lists.p4.org/attachments/20190417/8deae82e/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Subject: Digest Footer
>
> _______________________________________________
> P4-dev mailing list
> P4-dev at p4.org
> Listinfo - http://mail.p4.org/mailman/listinfo/p4-dev_p4.org
> Archives - http://mail.p4.org/pipermail/p4-dev_p4.org/
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of P4-dev Digest, Vol 44, Issue 11
> **************************************
>
>

-- 
Antonin
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.p4.org/pipermail/p4-dev_lists.p4.org/attachments/20190417/cc1f5854/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the P4-dev mailing list