[P4-dev] P4lang nightly packages builds

Frédéric LOUI frederic.loui at renater.fr
Thu Apr 18 13:45:48 EDT 2019

Thanks Andy for your answer.

Certainly, the building process will break as development goes on.
Nightly build is sync with my fork of p4lang  repository. This repository  is itself in sync with upstream p4lang repository.

It is not an issue if the build process fails, building the software is still quick if you use p4lang-3rd-party and compile manually.

The good news is that once the issues are fixed in the code, we can have daily package on a day to day basis.
Normally today or tomorrow deb would be available if it succeeds.

Also please note that p4c i386 also fail just because a dependency fail of bmv2 on i386 which tests fail. (p4c uses bmv2 for the tests)

PS: Just in case, the build logs are available daily on Launchpad. I turned on verbose mode during the building for both ubuntu distribution.

À bientôt,
--  Frederic