[P4-dev] Sending packets to controller - p4runtime

Vivek Gopalan vivek.gopalan at yale.edu
Fri Feb 1 00:32:53 EST 2019

Hi All,
I'm having trouble utilizing p4runtime to send packets from switches to the
controller for additional processing. I've come across the packet I/O
stream messages & the need to configure it on the controller side however
am unable to make much use of the provided documentation. I understand that
within the p4 program headers need to be annotated with packet-in /
packet-out but am unsure how to set fields for this using the runtime API.
Can anyone provide any advice & any tools for receiving controller messages
/ using packet-in/packet-out within the p4runtime API? Thanks in advance.

Best,
Vivek