[P4-dev] Switch.p4 compilation

hemant at mnkcg.com hemant at mnkcg.com
Fri Feb 1 10:53:50 EST 2019

I would just use p4c and its p4c-bm2-ss  which works to compile any code for the bmv2 backend.   Just use P4-16 P4 programs unless you have a specific P4-14 program to use.

If you don’t mind, just purge all download and installs below and use Andy Fingerhut’s script to install p4c and the behavioral-model.  Both suffice to work with P4.

 https://github.com/jafingerhut/p4-guide/blob/master/bin/install-p4dev.sh#L67

The script has been tested on Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04.

Hemant