[P4-dev] list of hardware targets with P4 support

Petr Kaštovský kastovsky at netcope.com
Sat Jun 1 21:23:58 EDT 2019

Dear all,

it is true that Netcope is a software company with some history in building
FPGA-based smart NICs. With Netcope P4 Cloud we support FPGAs from both
Intel and Xilinx. These FPGAs are always mounted on/in some
device/appliance. One example are smart NICs the other are appliances with
FPGAs in them (e.g. FPGA-based firewall) - much like you can buy Tofino
chip in switches built by various ODM/OEM vendors.

My question is - do you want to track chipsets that are P4 programmable
(Tofino, Intel FPGA, Xilinx FPGA, Netronome NPUs, CPUs ...), the
devices/appliances (Kaloom, Arista, Edgecore, Netberg, Stordis, Intel smart
NICs, Silicom smart NICs, Xilinx smart NICs, Netronome Smart NICs...) or
the toolchains (P4C, Barefoot SDK, Xilinx SDNet, Netcope P4 Cloud,
Netronome SDK, ...)?

Thoughts?

Petr